This Lip balm is gorgeously scented with a flavour oil and white chocolate, also offering a pleasant taste (though please do not eat it 😉)
You can fully customize this by replacing the oil, butter and flavour oil we list with any of your choice, you may need to adjust the amounts of oil to butter depending on which butter you use, as some are softer than others.
This is an anhydrous formula, meaning that you do not need a preservative. We’d advise a shelf life of 6-12 months, but you can do your own testing. This may change depending on oil choice.
Remember that you need to stability test and obtain a CPSR before gifting or selling your finished products.
- Heat proof beakers or bowl
- Pan or bane marie or double boiler
- Stirring rods
- Small dishes or beakers for ingredients
- Twist up lip balm containers or tins
- PPE – Gloves, mask, apron, hairnet
- 30% (15g) Sweet Almond Oil
- 22% (11g) Shea Butter, Refined
- 20% (10g) Candelilla Wax
- 20% (10g) Coconut Oil
- 6% (3g) Vegan White Chocolate
- 1% (0.5g) Peach Flavour Oil
- 1% (0.5g) Vitamin E
- First adhere to GMP and clean down your workspace and equipment.
- Weigh out all your ingredients ready in small dishes or beakers.
- Add your oils, wax, vegan chocolate and butter to a heat proof beaker and heat in a bane marie or double boiler until melted.
- Take off the heat.
- Allow to cool to under 40 degrees before adding your flavour oil and vitamin e.
- Mix until incorporated – you can use a dedicated hand mixer if you would like a more whipped texture.
- Pour into your chosen containers and allow to set before using.
To use apply to clean dry lips and massage in to moisturize.
You can customize this recipe by changing up the oils, butters, wax and flavour oil for different scents, textures and benefits.
Play around with the percentages to get the perfect texture for you (though stay within the ingredient guidelines).
If you want to add colour, then lip safe mica is a good choice.
Disclaimer: These formulas and recipes are experiments created for the purpose of sharing on Patreon and YouTube. Revega does not make any claims as to their qualifications or the efficacy of the formulations which are listed here for entertainment purposes and accepts no responsibility for how you use these. We are self-taught and offer these videos from our years of knowledge and experience in making our own cosmetic products.
Remember that if you intend to use one of these formulations for your own product range, do your own research, experiments, adjustments and tests before using, gifting or selling.