Looking for information on having hair extensions fitted?
No problem. I’m Jenna, a fully qualified hairdresser, hair extension stylist of 20+ years, and educator. I am a Master Craftman awarded member of the HBC (Hair and Barber Council) and FHA (Freelance Hair Association).
I work in Harpenden, Hertfordshire from a dedicated private studio and specialize in
helping those with fine or thinning hair.
Please note due to other business commitments I take appointments Monday - Friday 10am only.
How can they help you?
Reasons you may be looking at hair extensions as an option.
• You have fine, thin hair as a result of hormone changes or illness.
• You have damaged, broken hair as a result of overprocessing, that won’t grow.
• You have thinner hair that you wish had more thickness and/or volume.
• You’ve had a hair cut that you don’t like and want your longer hair back.
• The sides of your hair won’t grow and you’d like to thicken them out.
• You’ve always just wanted longer hair
How can extensions help you with these issues?
• Extensions can be used to rebuild a style.
• Extensions can lengthen and/or thicken the hair, and also add more volume.
• Extensions can even out thinning hair.
• Extensions can provide a great interim solution whilst your natural hair grows underneath.
Loose Fusion Bonding
The Method I use
I provide the original, skilled and most gentle method of extension application.
A specialist keratin infused resin is used to create small grain of rice sized bonds, attaching the extension hair to your own in small sections.
This method is only offered by a select amount of individuals who underwent this specialized training. Once clients convert to this method, they love it.
Loose fusion bonding is unlike any other extension method.
• It allows the stylist to completely control bond size for the individual to ensure comfort and that they are undetectable.
• It allows to custom strand by strand colour matching in each and every bond. NO MORE nearest match with a colour ring, NO MORE stripes, get a perfect natural blend every time.
• The gentle keratin infused resin formulation allows for a solid protective bond that holds the hair in place for the life of the extensions, allowing the natural hair to continue to grow underneath.
• They are super easy to remove without damage.
What to expect
How are they fitted?
Hair shades are selected and custom blended to create a bespoke shade to exactly match your individual hair colour. The use of multiple shades in indivudal strands alllows for a seamless and natural colour blend.
A specialist keratin infused resin is applied to the extension hair and pushed through small sections of your own hair in neat rows, then rolled into a small protective bond no larger than a grain of rice.
These bond hold the hair safely and securely until it is time to remove.
A portion of your own hair is left out between rows, around the hair line and on the parting to cover the bonds and ensure they are undetectable no matter how you wear your hair.
What to expect
How are they removed?
Removal of loose fusion bonded extensions is easy.
Your stylist will apply a few drops of removal solution and crush the bond flat. A couple more drops of removal solution and the bond crumbles and the extension can slide out.
Any resin crumbs or natural shed hair at the root is then gently combed out and you are ready to re-apply.
How do I look after them?
Loose Fusion bonds are the kindest method for the hair, but they do require some looking after.
At your consultation, you will be given an aftercare sheet to keep and a run through of how to care for them before you decide to go ahead. This will determine if they are the right fit for you, and you will have the opportunity to ask as many questions as you like.
As a brief guide, loose fusion bonds require the following aftercare:
• Was frequently with the correct shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
• Condition the mid lengths and ends only.
• Do not brush when wet.
• Dry off the bonds before blow-drying or allowing your hair to air dry.
• Do not allow your hair to get too greasy as this can affect the bonds.
• Do not get any hair products on the bonds except shampoo.
• Brush with the recommended brush every day to keep the bonds separated.
• Always use a heat protection spray before styling.
• Avoid getting your hair wet in chlorinated water or the sea. If this isn’t possible. Wet down your hair in advance with shower water to prevent it absorbing anymore, and tie in a bun on your head as out of the way as possible using a scrunchie (scrunchies are undamaging, never tie up wet hair with a normal hair band).
• Remove and re-apply after no longer than 3 months.
• Note that some shedding of extension hair or loss of 1-2 bonds is normal and nothing to worry about. Attend your free bond check appointment at the end of month 1 when first having them fitted so that I can help with any ‘newbie’ issues.
Below is some inspiration for how extensions could help you.
Whether they are for length, thickening, volume, or to support hair loss treatments or growing out of hair, there is a solution for most.
V, St Albans
Don't look any further for hair extensions - book an appointment with Jenna! She uses great quality, ethically sourced hair extensions and can be described as nothing less than a genius with colour blending to match your own hair colour. She is a real expert with fitting, with years of experience, ensuring the extensions are well-fitted and continue to look great weeks later. Her customer service and aftercare are both excellent - she is quick to respond to messages and to answer questions, but with no hard sell.
I have been having hair extensions by Jenna using the fusion method since 2009 and I can highly recommend them, the hair is the best quality I have had fitted (trust me I have tried many companies). I have very fine/thin hair, so have struggled in the past to get them applied without the bonds showing through, this is so not the case with this hair, as the colour match is so close to my own and the bonds so neat and tiny that no one ever believes that I have extension in. The hair keeps its sheen and can be used over and over again, which has proved to be true value for money. The fitting is always done professionally and meticulously. After all these years of total confidence in the product and specialist fitting, I really wouldn't trust going to anyone else.
Jenna dyed my hair to match the extensions perfectly, I couldn’t even tell where my hair started and the extensions began! I had 16" extensions and they look fantastic, they were fitted really well, look really good and I couldn’t be happier with them, have had loads of compliments since :)
Jenna has been doing my hair extensions for years and she’s amazing!!! I’ve got thin, fine and weak pathetic hair.....I walk out swishing my mane with a big smile on my face after every visit!