To make, gift and sell cosmetic products in the UK there are a number of regulations and practices that you need to follow.
We've summed them up in this short video:
- Register as a business with HMRC
- Notify your local Trading Standards
- Write a GMP Statement - what is it and how to write one.
- Purchase Trade Approved Scales - why and where from.
- Practice - Why it's so important to practice before selling.
- Stability and Challenge Testing - How, why and where.
- RP - Responsible Person - Who are they and what they do.
- CPSR - Cosmetic Safety Report - what are they and where to purchase.
- PIF - Product Information File - what's included and why.
- Correct Labelling - what's required on a cosmetic product label.
- Batch Records - how and what to record.
- Report on the SCPN - Submit Cosmetic Product Notification
- Claims - what you can and can't claim.
Check out the video linked above and please like and subscribe for more free content to help you with your small cosmetics business journey.
If you have any questions please just comment on the video.